Certificate of Completion of my Hour of Code

This week in class we learning about coding and computational thinking. I really liked the video we watched about computational thinking. The video was about two kids who are teaching their dad how to make a PB and Jam sandwich. It became obvious quite quickly that their instructions were not clear enough if someone had never made a PB and Jam sandwich. I liked this idea for a classroom. I have heard of some teachers using this idea but doing it with drawing a picture. The students go into pairs and draw a picture, and then write instructions for how to draw the picture, for their partner. The students can then see how clear their instructions are based on how their drawing compares to their partners. I really like this idea for my future classroom! I think computational thinking can create good problem solvers because it forces students to develop a solution, after thoroughly analyzing the problem. If you use this idea about the drawing it would make the students think about how their partner will figure out their instructions. Ensuring their instructions are clear, so the partner can solve the “problem”.

Screenshot of my coding for my Flappy Bird Game